Learn how to design show-stopper kitchens during the upcoming webinar, The 2021 Kitchen: Floor Plans, Finishes & Design Details that Make a Kitchen Pop, on Wednesday, April 21 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm ET.
Still building white-on-white in white kitchens? Wait—there are other options! A reprise of Deryl and Doris’ popular IBSx session, this webinar will take a tour of what makes the ideal 2021 kitchen with two award-winning design leaders. The duo, an architect and interior designer/merchandiser, will walk you through the components of thoughtful kitchen floor plans, fashion-forward finishes and the design details that are essential to take a kitchen from drab to fab. Using examples from across the country, you’ll leave with inspiration and the know-how to implement all you learn.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the key components and organization of floor plan elements to design a kitchen that works for the microwave chef or next Julia Child.
- Review color and material choices that work for today’s buyers but can also set your homes apart.
- Discuss design details that set a kitchen apart, including lighting, electronics, cabinet hardware and more.
- Understand the impacts that COVID-19 and the increase work-from-home lifestyle has on the kitchen, as the heart of the home.
- Deryl Patterson, AIA – President, Housing Design Matters, Inc.
- Doris Pearlman, MIRM, IIDA – President, Possibilities for Design
This webinar will earn 1.0 CE hour.
Featured image: Painted Prairie, photo by Eric Lucero Photography