We are no longer accepting BALA entries for the 2022 awards. Please stay tuned for the 2023 cycle.
Affordable residential design comes in all shapes and sizes. Share your design masterpieces for a chance to be recognized with a 2022 NAHB Best in American Living Award™ (BALA)!
Awards are presented for both Affordable, Single-Family Detached or Attached and Affordable Multifamily projects. Affordability is defined based on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s income limits. Submissions can be single-family detached or attached (townhomes) built for sale, where eligible buyers do not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income. For multifamily projects, they can be affordable or mixed affordable and market rate, where eligible renters and/or buyers do not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income for at least 80% of units.
Share your designs to help show that affordable homes can be beautiful, desirable and attainable.
Best in American Living Awards winners receive year-long exposure through:
• Recognition in Best in American Living magazine, which reaches 120,000 NAHB members.
• Recognition in ProBuilder.com and in Professional Builder magazine, which reaches an audience of more than 117,000 building industry professionals.
• Consumer reach through NAHB’s Facebook page, which reaches over 60,000, and Houzz, with over 40 million unique monthly visitors.
Join the most innovative and accomplished housing leaders in the industry–entering is easy!
1. Submit registration form and fees online at https://awards.nahb.org.
2. Gather and upload your supporting materials such as descriptions, photos and videos.
3. Submit completed entries by August 26, 2022.
We can’t wait to see your entries!