The owners, who split their time between Arizona and Illinois, were ready to plant firm roots in the Southwest. Drawn to Spanish-style homes often found in California, the owners—one of which is an interior designer—envisioned a house inspired by a classic foundation but with an updated neutral color palette, with layers of warmth and texture. With Scodro’s vision, the team collaborated on the single-story, hacienda-style structure with sweeping vistas and a floor plan that encouraged family togetherness and outdoor living, an essential for the Scodros. An open floorplan was created that allowed for the living room, dining room, and kitchen to flow effortlessly into one central space overlooking the golf course. Long, adjacent hallways lead to the private quarters, while expansive glass doors open to connect the inside seamlessly to the alfresco spaces. The centerpiece is an infinity-edge pool that sits on the same plane as the patio and appears to drop into the desert on the other. When the water is still, it creates a beautiful mirror that reflects the sky.
- Refined Desert Haven, Scottsdale, AZ
- ARCHITECT/DESIGNER PHX Architecture, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- BUILDER Luster Custom Homes, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- INTERIOR DESIGNER Kim Scodro Interiors, LLC, Chicago
- DEVELOPER Discovery Land Company, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- LAND PLANNER City of Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- INTERIOR MERCHANDISER Kim Scodro Interiors, LLC, Chicago
- PHOTOGRAPHER Werner Segarra Photography