- Monroe Street Market, Washington, DC
- ARCHITECT/DESIGNER KTGY Group, Inc., Tysons, Va.
- BUILDER Bozzuto Construction Company, Greenbelt, Md.
- INTERIOR DESIGNER RD Jones and Associates, Chevy Chase, Md.
- DEVELOPER The Bozzuto Group, Greenbelt, Md.
- LAND PLANNER Torti Gallas, Silver Spring, Md.
- PHOTOGRAPHER The Bozzuto Group
This transformative use of The Catholic University of America’s South Campus fulfills a market need, creates unique student and family housing, and provides much needed retail to the area. A connection to the arts in all its forms encourages artists and art enthusiasts to share culture by providing studio space where artists can make, show, and sell their wares. The project showcases a commitment to building a better community by including three housing options in varying price ranges, facilitating public transit and pedestrian-friendly atmospheres, and adding a community arts center that is available to rent for a small fee. Unsurpassed attention to detail in design and materials selection adds to the character, personality, and theme. Monroe Street Market advances the multifamily industry’s potential through creativity and a focus on authenticity, spurring renewed interest in quality and unique projects.